top of page
Immigration Law

Immigration LAW

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program offers relief from removal (in two-year increments) for those undocumented immigrants who came to the US as children and who meet several guidelines. To be eligible for DACA the individuals, among other things, must have come to the US before they were 16 years of age and were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012. We can help you find out whether you may be eligible for the renewal of DACA and help you file the necessary forms if you are qualified.​

Renewal of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Temporary Protected Status (TPS)

The Secretary of Homeland Security may designate a foreign country for Temporary Protected Status (TPS) due to an ongoing armed conflict (such as civil war), an environmental disaster (such as an earthquake or hurricane) an epidemic, or other extraordinary and temporary conditions in the country. Haiti was granted Temporary Protected Status after the earthquake of 2010. TPS is a temporary benefit that does not lead to lawful permanent resident status or any other immigration status. However, individuals who are TPS beneficiaries during a designated period: are not removable from the United States, are authorized to work can obtain an employment authorization document (EAD), and may be granted travel authorization.

Deportation is the act by the government of removing a foreign-born individual from the US. Deportability grounds describe a number of reasons for deportation, including criminal offenses, illegal participation in US elections, falsification of documents (such as a green card), and security concerns. We can help you sort through potential defenses to deportability if you are threatened with removal.​


Asylum Status

Asylum status is a form of protection available to those who are already in the US or seeking admission at a port of entry. To be admissible for asylum status, the candidates must show they have suffered persecution or have a well-founded fear that they will suffer persecution on account of their race, nationality, religion, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.

To apply for asylum status you must show that you are in the US less than one year from the date of your last arrival. If you are not eligible for asylum, you might be eligible for withholding of removal, which prevents the US government from sending you to your home country during the time that your life or freedom may be threatened. We can assist you in obtaining asylum status.


As a US citizen, you may adopt children from overseas. We can help you petition for your adoptive child through an Immediate Relative Petition. Your child will receive an immigrant visa if the child is found eligible. Whether it is an intercountry adoption process orphan process or the Hague Adoption Convention Program, we can advise you of your option and help you adopt a child in the less amount of time possible.

As the holder of a non-immigrant visa, if you want to extend your stay in the US, we can help you file a request before your authorized period of stay expires. We can advise you of the options you have and help you file the appropriate forms. If you stay in the US after your authorized period of stay has expired, you may be barred from returning, and/or you may be removed (deported) from the US. We may help you figure out what options are available for you.​

Extend Non-Immigrant Stay

Immigrant Visas

Immigrant visas are Permanent visas, or "green cards." They are visas that allow a person to live in the US for an extended period of time. We can walk you through the process of renewing, replacing, or obtaining your green card whether through family members, employers, or through a battered spouse, child, or parent of a US citizen, if you experienced abuses.​


Citizenship is the state of being a citizen. While most US citizens are born into citizenship, others apply through a bureaucratic process called "naturalization." In order to apply for citizenship, an individual generally must have spent at least 3 or 5 years as a permanent legal resident in the US and must demonstrate good moral character. We can assist you in obtaining your citizenship status.​

We offer free consultations to our prospective clients. If we accept your case and you agree with our fee policy and lawyer-client agreement, we will discuss your situation with you at length and develop a strategy that will fit your specific requirements.

Depending on your situation, we will assist you with document or information gathering, prepare the final forms for signature, and file the case with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (“USCIS”). We will also monitor your case with e-mail notifications of updates, prepare you for the interview if required, and attend the interview with you. At Breneville Law Offices, we are very results-oriented and tenacious in achieving our client’s desired results.

We provide complete and full Immigration services ranging from Non-Immigrant Visas, Immigrant Visas, Naturalization and Citizenship, and applying for Asylum status. We can also help you obtain employment authorization documents. If you are a United States (“US”) citizen or a lawful permanent resident (Green Card holder), we can help you petition to have your family members abroad come to the United States or adjust their status to lawful permanent residents if they are currently living in the US.

If your case is denied by USCIS, we can help you file an appeal or file Form I-290B, a motion to reopen or to reconsider. Whether you are in removal proceedings or facing deportation, at Breneville Law Offices, we will provide you an outstanding service and we will fight for you.

Immigration Law

Non-Immigrant Visas

Non-immigrant visas are Temporary visas. These types of visas are usually issued to exchange students, visiting businessmen, foreign press members and reporters, and workers in certain specialized occupations. By nature, temporary visas are fixed with expiration dates.​

Fiancé(e) Visa

Fiancé(e) visa is a non-immigrant visa (K-1), that allows a US citizen to have his or her fiancé(e) enter the U.S. for a period of 90 days for the intent to marry during that period. Once in the US, the fiancé(e) can apply for work authorization for 90 days. After the marriage is completed during the required period of time, the newly married can apply for permanent residence and stay in the US while USCIS processes the application.​

Passport for immigration law
Law Office

Schedule Your Appointment

bottom of page